Announcement Number: 037-11-12
INVENTORY CONTROL ANALYST
Salary Grade I: $62,374 - $79,920 - $97,466
The Southern California Regional Rail Authority, operator of the METROLINK Commuter Rail System, is seeking an Inventory Control Analyst who will work to ensure the availability of maintenance and repair materials at an optimum level that minimizes the Authority’s financial obligation and adequately supports the maintenance and repair of rolling stock and system infrastructure. This position will be located at SCRRA’s Central Maintenance Facility at 1550 San Fernando Rd., Los Angeles, CA 90065 with travel to SCRRA field offices in Pomona and main office in Los Angeles.
- Review project and program material requirements.
- Create, maintain and generate item numbers used for requisitioning and stocking inventory at approved locations.
- Develop a plan to ensure adequate inventory stocking levels are maintained to support the start up requirements of Rehab and Capital Projects, interfacing with AssetWorks and Oracle.
- Streamline the receipt, issue, repair and return, warranty and inventory adjustment processes.
- Identify monthly inventory count variances and inventory items to be cycle counted.
- Analyze inventory usage and stocking levels to minimize stock outs and/or disruption in supply of material to the: maintenance, repair, construction and rehabilitation of equipment, track, structures, communication and signal divisions.
- Analyze current inventory levels and determine from Project and/or Preventive Maintenance (PM) Bills of Materials (BOMs), materials that should be supplied from current inventories, and recommend additional ordering quantities and appropriate delivery schedules.
- Assist Contract Administration and Procurement and the Finance departments in determining the cost to place an order (purchase order, blanket purchase order, JOC, CTO), impact on operations, monitoring fixed assets, the impact on revenue and true inventory carrying costs.
- Assist the Inventory Control Manager in determining what is required for planning and control parameters as it relates to service and stocking levels.
- Assist the Inventory Control Manager in determining key performance indicators (inventory turns, asset management ratio’s, etc.), and other measurements in support of stakeholder metrics.
- Interface with and identify system improvements, or enhancements to the Asset Management System and Oracle Financial System.
- Assist the Inventory Control Manager in stratification of Inventory, determination of ABC levels, slow moving and obsolete material.
- Support department in generating reports such as: daily fuel report, inventory replenishment, weekly fuel received/used, month end scorecard and in year-end physical count.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or a related field.
- Minimum two years work experience in warehouse management, materials handling or inventory management.
- Demonstrate working knowledge in Material Resource Planning, Warehouse Management Systems and Advanced Warehouse Systems.
- Demonstrate prior work experience analyzing, developing and preparing complex reports.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrate strong and effective communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate strong and effective organizational and time management skills.
- Valid Class C Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record of no more than three moving violations and no DUI’s within the last three years.
- American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) Certification Preferred.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com.
INTERNAL CANDIDATES: CLOSING DATE: MAY 25, 2012
Following a review of resumes and/or applications, only those applicants who meet minimum requirements will be invited to continue in the selection process. Eligible applicants will be notified of the exact time and place of assessments and interview. Candidates will be interviewed to determine their relative knowledge, sklls, and ability in job related areas which may include, but not be limited to, specific job knowledge, verbal and written communication skills, organization and planning skills. Offers of employment may be contingent upon successful completion of a reference check, including degree verification, criminal records check and a pre-placement medical examination provided through SCRRA.
If you believe you possess a disability that requires accommodation for the testing process, please provide notice with your application materials or call the Human Resources Division at (213) 452-0417. Proper supporting documentation may be requested by SCRRA in order to accommodate special needs of candidates.
NOTE: The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute an express or implied contract and may be modified or revoked without notice.
Equal Employment Opportunity
After reviewing our openings and if you meet the minimum requirements, please click the “Apply” button at the bottom of the job announcement and attach your resume.