Fullerton Transportation Center Station
- From 91 Fwy., exit at Harbor Bl.
- North on Harbor to Santa Fe
- East on Santa Fe.
- 1,321 spaces / 9 handicapped spaces
- Free parking
- 72 hours max. limit in parking structure
- 3 hour limit in other marked lots
- Long Term parking located in new parking structure of Santa Fe Ave. and Malden Ave.
- Additional parking available curbside along Santa Fe (north of station) and Walnut (south of station)
- New parking structure on the west side of the station offers 814 spaces. The city is not currently charging for parking, but once they set the fees they will place notices with the date for it to take effect.
- Trains traveling towards Los Angeles will board from track 1 platform
- Trains traveling towards Oceanside will board from track 3 platform
- Track 4 adjacent to the south end of track 3
- Metrolink is accessible to persons with disabilities. For details, please click here.
- Starting early 2016, a construction project will begin that will add an additional elevator for each platform. Passengers are not expected to be affected, and the project is expected to take about 6 months or less, depending on external factors such as weather.
- Public phones
- Restrooms (Amtrak passengers only)
- Amtrak ticket office
- Cafe and bike lockers
- Electronic message boards
Rail 2 Rail
- Rail 2 Rail offers Metrolink Monthly Pass Holders additional travel options on Amtrak Pacific Surfliner trains. Click on Rail 2 Rail for more details.
Station Owner and Operator
City of Fullerton
303 W. Commonwealth Ave.
Fullerton, CA 92832
For station maintenance and repair: (714) 738-6877
For Metrolink customer service: (800) 371-5465 (LINK) or (800) 698-4TDD (4833) for speech and hearing-impaired customers.