Corporate Partner Program
Throughout Southern California, Metrolink's commuter train service is helping employers and employees to save money, reduce stress, increase productivity and improve the quality of their lives. Additionally, commuting by train offers companies tax savings to both employers and employees!
Please take a few minutes to discover the Metrolink advantage and learn what Metrolink has to offer to help you stay on track.
Find out more about the benefits of riding Metrolink, tax savings and how to join our corporate partner program.
The Corporate Partner Program (CPP) is a convenient transportation program for employers and organizations to order tickets and passes for their employees. Employees Transportation Coordinators who administer the Corporate Partner Program issue Metrolink Corporate Quick Cards to riders who retrieve their tickets from Ticket Vending Machines. The minimum requirement is five passes sold each month.
Employers save because they can enjoy federal and state tax benefits, satisfy air quality requirements and their employees arrive at work relaxed and on time. Employees benefit because they can receive a pretax savings on the purchase of monthly passes. They can also easily access Metrolink information, and enjoy all the rewards of commuting by train. The bottom line is a savings and a benefit for the company and the employee.
Metrolink provides its corporate customers with promotional materials such as train schedules, system maps, up-to-date service notices and promotional flyers to educate new employees who would like to try the train.
For more information on employer transportation programs, contact:
Laurene Lopez at (213) 452-0288 or email Laurene at email@example.com (Sales)
Sheryl Carrerow at (213) 452-0210 or email Sheryl at firstname.lastname@example.org (Service)
Simply fill out, scan and email both the Corporate Sales Agreement and the Corporate Partner Information Form to email@example.com.
The following are just some of the benefits that Metrolink can bring to your company:
- Improve Recruitment Opportunities: Metrolink's six-county service area gives you access to a larger pool of qualified employees.
- Increase Productivity: Stress-free commuting on Metrolink means employees arrive relaxed, refreshed and ready to take on the day.
- Reduce Tardiness: Metrolink's excellent on-time performance record can improve your employees' on-time performance dramatically.
- Reduce Absenteeism: Traveling by train helps reduce employee stress levels, a major cause of absenteeism.
- Reduce Parking Costs: When employees commute on Metrolink, your company may benefit from reduced parking costs.
- Achieve Air Quality Regulatory Compliance: Metrolink is an easy way to increase your company's employees-per-vehicle ratio to meet SCAQMD requirements.
- Enhance Your Company's Reputation: By encouraging employees to use the train, your company demonstrates its concern for the environment and community.
- Gain Time: Commuting to and from work on a clean, comfortable Metrolink train puts extra time in your day to read, make calls, relax and get a jump on your workday, even nap.
- Reduce Stress: Instead of sitting in rush hour traffic, you'll be flying past it and enjoying all the benefits of stress-free commuting.
- Reduce Car Expenses: When you leave the car at home, you'll save on all kinds of automotive expenses, including gas, insurance, parking and auto maintenance and depreciation. Riding the train costs an average of 18¢ per mile, compared to 58.5¢ per mile for driving a car (based on current IRS calculations).
- Safe Commuting: Metrolink's excellent safety record adds peace of mind to your daily commute.
- Free Connecting Transit: Your Metrolink ticket entitles you to free bus and rail connections from your Metrolink station to your place of employment.
- Access to the Rail 2 Rail Program: Metrolink Monthly Pass holders along the Orange and Ventura County corridors are able to travel on Amtrak Pacific Surfliner trains within the station pairs on their Metrolink passes. For more information, visit Rail 2 Rail Program.
- Unrestricted Weekend Travel System-Wide: All Monthly Pass holders have the ability to travel anywhere, anytime on Metrolink starting at 7pm on Friday through 11:59pm on Sundays, regardless of the origin and destination station indicated on the pass. This benefit does not extend to Amtrak trains.
- Improve Quality of Life: Unwind on Metrolink at the end of the day and you'll arrive home relaxed and ready to spend more quality time with your family and friends.
- Networking: Riding the train offers the opportunity to meet and develop relationships with peers in other companies and industries.
- Reliable Schedules: Metrolink has a strong on-time performance record and convenient schedules to accommodate flexible working hours.
Guaranteed Ride Home Program
No one wants to be stranded without a vehicle when an emergency occurs. The Guaranteed Ride Home (GRH) Program is "commuter insurance" to ensure commuters have a ride home when needed.
- Benefits: The GRH Program is a free service offered to commuters to give them comfort knowing that they have a way home when a valid emergency occurs.
- How it Works: In times of an emergency, the GRH Program allows you or your Employee Transportation Coordinator (ETC) to choose the most efficient mode of transportation to get you where you need to be.
- Counties that Offer GRH Program:
- Los Angeles County—2 times per year
- Orange County—2 times per year
- Riverside County—6 times per year
- San Bernardino County—2 times per year
- Inland Empire—2 times per year
- Ventura County—2 times per month
- Eligibility: Qualifications for participation vary from county to county. Some counties require the employer company to be registered with the GRH Program, while others only require the individual employee to be registered with the GRH program.
- For more information, visit the website of the county in which you work:
For tax year 2014, the monthly limitation regarding the aggregate fringe benefit exclusion amount for transit passes and transportation in a commuter highway vehicle is $130.
The employer's cost of providing transportation benefits can be deducted as a normal business expense. You do not pay payroll taxes of up to $130 each month per employee that takes this transit deduction. The payroll tax savings alone is usually more than enough to cover any costs of administering the program.
With a pre-tax paycheck deduction for transit commuter benefits, employers can allow their employees to purchase monthly Metrolink passes and reduce their taxable income by $1,560 per year. The first $130 per month of commuting costs is completely exempt from federal income and payroll taxes. This option also benefits employers by saving them money on related payroll taxes.
The average price for a Metrolink Monthly Pass is $239. Assuming a 37% Federal, State and Local tax rate the savings would be $58 per month or a 24% savings.