Disadvantaged Business Enterprise and Labor Compliance Programs
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise Program
Metrolink administers a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) Program in accordance with 49 CFR Part 26: Participation by Disadvantaged Business Enterprises in U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) Programs, as a condition of financial assistance from the DOT.
Metrolink received DOT/Federal Transit Administration (FTA) and Metrolink Board approval to re-instate race-conscious DBE Program elements, including contract-specific DBE goals, on Metrolink’s FTA-assisted procurements. Metrolink uses both race-conscious and race-neutral measures to meet its 12% overall DBE goal for the three federal fiscal years (FFY) beginning October 1, 2018 and ending September 30, 2021. For procurements with an established DBE goal, prime bidders/proposers must demonstrate their commitment to meet the goal, or submit a Good Faith Effort (GFE), to be deemed responsive to DBE Program requirements.
To receive DBE credit on a Metrolink contract, firms must obtain their DBE certification from a California Unified Certification Program (CUCP) certifying member agency and be certified in the North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) code applicable to the contract scope of work.
FFY 2019-2021 DBE Goal for FTA Assisted Contracts
Metrolink developed its overall (triennial) DBE goal for the three federal fiscal years 2019-2021 (beginning October 1, 2018 and ending September 30, 2021) using the DOT-approved goal-setting methodology as described in 49 CFR 26.45, which resulted in a 12% DBE goal. Metrolink proposes to meet 6% of the goal through the use of race-neutral measures and the remaining 6% through the use of race-conscious measures.
Click here to view the goal calculation methodology.
As part of the public participation process, Metrolink distributed a public notice of its proposed goal and methodology to 180+ local/ethnic chambers of commerce and other business/community-based organizations dedicated to assisting and growing small and disadvantaged businesses. Click here to view the Public Notice. The public participation period for comments specific to the numeric value or methodology used to develop Metrolink’s Overall DBE goal were accepted through July 30, 2018. Metrolink’s Proposed Overall Goal Methodology was submitted to FTA on August 1, 2018.
Metrolink seeks input regarding the effects of discrimination on opportunities for DBE's on an on-going basis and will give full consideration to all comments and input received. Comments can be submitted by mail or email:
Southern California Regional Rail Authority
900 Wilshire Boulevard
Attention: Brian Jacob
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Useful Links for Metrolink’s DBE Program
- Click here to view Metrolink's DBE Program Manual
- Click here to view the race-conscious approval letter received from the FTA
- Click here for more information about NAICS codes
- Click here if you are not DBE certified but believe that you may be eligible, to download an application form and obtain information regarding where to send your DBE application
- Click here for step-by-step instructions for navigating through the CUCP online DBE directory and conducting a DBE query
- Click here if you are a prime bidder/proposer seeking CUCP-certified DBEs for Metrolink teaming opportunities, to access the CUCP online DBE directory
Labor Compliance Program
Metrolink’s administers its Labor Compliance Program (LCP) pursuant to prevailing wage and other labor compliance requirements applicable to State and federally-assisted public works contracts. Metrolink’s LCP also complies with the State of California Department of Industrial Relations (DIR) labor compliance requirements, which apply to State bond-assisted and design-build public works contracts.
Useful Links for Metrolink’s Labor Compliance Program
- Click here to view a copy of Metrolink's LCP approval letter from the DIR
- Click here to visit the California Department of Industrial Relations website
- Click here to visit the California Department of Apprenticeship Standards website
- Click here to visit the California Prevailing Wage Determinations website
- Click here to visit the U.S. Department Labor, Wage and House Division, website
- Click here to visit the Federal Prevailing Wage Determination website
Labor Compliance Forms
- Southern California Regional Rail Authority Labor Compliance Document Submittal Schedule
- Davis Bacon Act Poster [English] [Spanish]
- Job Start Checklist [Federal] [State]
- Certificate From Contractor Appointing Officer or Employee to Supervise Payment of Employees
- Contractor Certificate
- Payroll Reporting Form
- Owner-Operator Listing
- Fringe Benefit Statement
- Public Works Contract Award Information
- California Apprenticeship Council Training and Funds Contributions Form
- Final Certificate – Labor Compliance
- Download all documents (zip)