All kinds of groups have fun traveling on Metrolink while enjoying the discounted rates. Whether you're planning a school group excursion, a Boy Scout or Girl Scout troop adventure, or taking a trip with a group of friends, Metrolink is the economical and carefree way to get where you're going.
- Price is $3.00 per student or chaperone, round-trip or one-way
- Minimum 1 chaperone per 10 students, maximum 1 chaperone per 5 students. 1 to 1 ratio permitted on students with disabilities. (All other adults must purchase tickets from Ticket Vending Machine on day of travel).
- NO transfers to connecting transit will be provided
- Students ages 5 - 18 and/or attending K - 12, regardless of age
- Minimum group size is 15
- Weekend school trips not allowed
- Limited space available
Booking a School Group Trip
Booking a school group trip on Metrolink is as easy as 1, 2, and 3!
- Call (800) 371-5465 (LINK) to make your reservation with Metrolink. Reservations must be made six weeks prior to travel.
- Send in payment 30 days prior to travel.
- Board the train with your valid travel voucher.
Transferring to Metro
Looking to take your school group onto the Metro Rail or bus? Please call Metro’s student field trip reservation number at 213-922-4048. A separate reservation is required if you wish to transfer onto the Metro system.
- For groups of 15 or more persons, maximum 50
- Round-trip tickets cost $12.00 per person plus a $2.50 processing fee per order, all ages, for same day travel
- Final payment must be received three weeks prior to the trip date
- Transfers to most municipal operators
- Reservations must be made at least three weeks in advance at (800) 371-5465 (LINK)
- Limited space available during off-peak periods